- ALL INCLUSIVE DECK KITS
- GARDEN FURNITURE
- 3 seater Turnbury hardwood bench.
- SWINGING GARDEN BENCH
- 6 Seater Manhattan
- GARDEN LOVE SET
- VICTORIA 5-PIECE HARDWOOD GARDEN SET
- 4 seater Cannes Mocha Brown round dining set.
- 3 Seater Hardwood Garden Bench
- 6 seater Cannes with cushions.
- 3 Seater Hardwood Garden Bench With Cushion
- Cayman 6 seater with recliner chairs
- OUTDOOR LIVING
- OUTDOOR PLAY EQUIPMENT
- WOOD PELLETS
- STONE PRODUCTS/LANDSCAPING
- WATER FEATURES
- OUTDOOR LIVING
- STONE PRODUCTS
- WOOD PELLETS
- GLASS AND RATTAN GARDEN FURNITURE
- ALUMINIUM GARDEN FURNITURE
- TIMBER GARDEN FURNITURE
- GARDEN FURNITURE ACCESSORIES
GARDEN SHEDS & GREENHOUSES
- GARDEN SHEDS
- PLAY HOUSES
- DOG KENNELS
- SUMMER SPRING RANGE
Visit Laois Garden WorldOur Staff are friendly and experienced and with ample parking we invite you to come see our products at Laois Sawmills , Ballymacken, Stradbally Road , Portlaoise, Co. Laois
- Measuring Tape
- Spirit Level
- Saw (Electric saw is recommended)
- Decking Oil
- Plan out the floor area of your desired deck and if required use battens to mark out the edge of your planned deck to see how it will look
- A quick note: Deck boards placed at right angles to your house draw the eye into the garden beyond. Boards fixed parallel to the wall emphasizes the width of your deck
- Allow for access or off cuts in the deck installation around drain inspection covers and don’t block any air brick or gutters.
- Order and purchase deck kits on Click here to view our all-inclusive deck kit.
- Clear all grass and soil from the proposed deck area
- Spray back with weed killer to ensure grass doesn’t grow through deck
- Lay deck fabric on deck area
- In order to support the deck, 3” concrete blocks need to be placed:
Estimated foundation size guide:
16×16 ft deck – (4.88m x 4.88m) lay 8 concrete blocks
12×12 ft (3.66m x 3.66m) deck – lay 6 concrete blocks
8×8 ft (2.44m x 2.44m) deck – lay 4 concrete blocks
Making Sub frame:
- Form the outer frame of the deck with joists. These rest on top of the levelled blocks
- The joists are fixed together with deck screws provided in the deck kit
- Every 12” lay short lengths of deck boards at right angles between the joists to strengthen the framework
Fixing Deck Boards:
- Once the joists are in place, the finished framework should be completely rigid.
- Lay deck boards on the frame
- If the deck is wider than the length of deck board being used, you will need to stagger the boards. Remember to join boards over the joists. Cut to size where necessary
- A deck doesn’t have to be layed in straight lines. Boards can be fixed diagonally or cut to create herringbone patterns (this can be more wasteful than using straight boards
- Please see our photo album for deck laying ideas
Maintaining your deck:
- Deck boards are pressure treated with a long lasting preservative treatment but colour may fade over a number of months.
- Deck can be treated with exterior decking oil (available from Laois Garden World) which come in a variety of shades and can be brushed, sprayed or rolled onto boards.